Go to Master Builders Web site. They have a system called MBrace. Understand
the web site allows you to to design beams, etc. Sika can also be contacted
for their system. Believe they have a CD with design aids. A system out of
Univerisity of Arizona by Dr. Mo xxx (can't remember his full name but have
his business card at work) also offers a system and will help in the design.
Respond if you want his name. Have seen two yellow colored text books on
My understanding is that steel being reinforced is not common, however, is
in the research phase and has been done before.
Watch out for your fire rating.
From: JOSÉ EDWARD CRISTIANI <jedward(--nospam--at)uol.com.br>
Subject: CARBON FIBER
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 09:36:04 -0300
I need information about reinforcement of concrete (and steel?) by means
of carbon fiber . Any input as softs, books, sites,etc will be welcome.
Thanks in advance
Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org