Re: Something That Bugs Me About The AISC Code

How about putting a paragraph in your contract that says that you
understand that for economy you understand that the owner wishes to use
minimum Code provisions and that the design is not to be done using more
conservative provisions for wind, seismic and other forces.

I have done something similar when my client was a lawyer.

Stan Scholl, P. E.
Laguna Beach, CA