RE: Adding a mezzanine to a Masonry Building in Seismic Zone 4

Thanks Steve,
It's good advice. Fortunately, my contract is with the tenant who is paying
for the work. He has been informed that there are issues not yet resolved as
to how much (or little) work is to be allowed by the city. I intended to
call the city tomorrow and included one of the engineers who performs plan
check services in the blind copy of my original post. The engineer is an old
friend and would most likely be able to tell me what they will be looking
for in upgrades on the building.

Thanks again for your advice,

Dennis