Re: Anchoring in rock

Reference NAVFAC DM-7-3, my edition is 1983.  Pages 7.3-92 through 7.3-99.  (Section 7.2.c.  Rock Anchors)
Check Dywidag-Systems International   http://www.dywidag-systems.com/edocs/index.htm

Have them send you a catalog.

Neil Moore, S.E.
neil moore and associates
shingle springs, california

At 11:31 PM 5/16/2001 -0600, raul labbe wrote:
Fellow engineers,

I am working in a design job, including foundations in
an area with a shallow rock layer. Some of the structures
to be supported involve high piers, to be properly secured
against lateral forces and overturning, arising from wind and
earthquakes.
Instead of rock excavation to allow for big footings working
as counterweights, we are considering the option of anchoring
in the rock, reducing both, expensive rock excavation and the volume
of concrete. The anchors would be grout injected rebars.

If anybody could help, we are looking for some hint regarding
the following :  minimum spacing of the anchors, "skin friction"
or allowable bonding to be considered in the rock, for determining
anchor capacity and the required length. Any special consideration
if bundle bars are used. Information about some SPECS to be
got on line will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Raul Labbé S.E.
rlabbe(--nospam--at)ctcinternet.cl