non compact pipe[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: non compact pipe
- From: "Mark Baker" <shake4bake(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
- Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 09:37:57 -0700
AISC, 9th Edition, ASD
For a non compact pipe, 3" dia. , 14 ga, 33ksi
Appendix B5.2.a would have you adjust allowable stress by the Q factor but.... equations for Q are for single angles, stems of tees, with no mention of an applicable Q for pipe.
Am I correct in using B5.2.b equation A-B5-9 for Fa with no Q adjustment.
Am I correct in using F3.2 equation F3-3 for Fb with no Q adjustment.
- Prev by Subject: Re: New software for Document Management
- Next by Subject: RE: non compact pipe
- Previous by thread: FW: FW: Pre-Engineered Metal Building-New Thread
- Next by thread: RE: non compact pipe