computer modeling of diaphragms

Dear Friends:

I am trying to model a flexible diaphragm using a software that does not have shell elements.  I have only truss link, beam and spring elements.  I have been toying with the idea of using an X-brace system to model it.  Does anybody have any idea how to effectively model a flexible diaphragm with only these availabe elements, or any reference the one can direct me to, or in general any info how the modelling of flexible diaphragms without using shell elements.

Nii Allotey  E.I.T

Sign up for FREE email from PRAISE 106.5 at http://www.praise1065.com/

A ministry of CRISTA http://www.crista.org/