From: "Nii Allotey" <nii50(--nospam--at)praisemail.com>
To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 3:51 PM
Subject: computer modeling of diaphragms

> Dear Friends:
>

> I am trying to model a flexible diaphragm using a software that does not
have shell elements.  I have only truss link, beam and spring elements.  I
have been toying with the idea of using an X-brace system to model it.  Does
anybody have any idea how to effectively model a flexible diaphragm with
only these availabe elements, or any reference the one can direct me to, or
in general any info how the modelling of flexible diaphragms without using
shell elements.