Re: computer modeling of diaphragms

Each I get involved trying the cross brace modeling of a diaphragm I end up compromising one thing or another. Output is messy.  The effort is endless I keep coming to the same conclusion, rigid frame with beam elements. It creates the least of messes and can be used for a rigid diaphragm. What do think of the beam elements at mid points of edges and crossing at the center? Edge beams (small shear and flexural, large axial) then develop a collector force output
(or HD forces for a shear wall)

David Merrick, SE
mrkgg(--nospam--at)pacbell.net