Re: Wood Shearwall Tie Down Posts

James-
It's a concentric, threaded rod, system for loads from 8k to 40k. See
page 22 of the current Simpson catalog (although the real details are
only available by downloading a file from the simpson website
www.strongtie.com). With multi-story buildings and/or green lumber, I'd
also use the TUD takeup device.
>From 5k to 10k there's the new HDC on pg. 23. And 2k to 6k the PHD.
Chuck Utzman