RE: white oak peg

Jeff,

There is a series of research reports sponsored by the USDA on these
connections.  I know you can get a copy of them from the Timber Framers
Business Council for a nominal fee, Log Home & Timber Frame Home Shows: TFBC
There are a total of three reports.

Chris Daniels
570-323-6603
ced(--nospam--at)larsondesigngroup.com