"street creep"?

across odd foundation damage that the home inspector attributed to "street
creep".  The crawl space wall abutting the garage slab as well as the garage
slab have moved with respect to the framing and other crawl space walls, a
distance of almost 2 inches.  I have not found any reasonable explanation.
The joints between the garage slab and the driveway and the street are all
tight.  I ruled out that the house has moved with respect to the street.  So,
I am researching possible answers.  Any thoughts?  Any published "Street
Creep" info?

Regards,
John D. Schwarz
Indianapolis