RE: "street creep"?

Generally what happens is the walls are backfilled prior to any floor
framing being placed.  When excavators backfill they don't pay attention to
how much force they are putting on the walls (they can't make the machines
lighter for backfilling).  The carpenters then frame on top of what is
there.  I have seen this on way too many basement walls.

For industrial structures I generally assume a 400 psf surcharge for
backfilling operations.

Regards,
Harold O. Sprague