From: RShreenan(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:RShreenan(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2001 4:47 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Concrete slab / vibration damage

Hi folks:

Do any of you have information or references that would indicate the
threshold for peak particle velocity from remote sources such as blasting,
seismic or heavy construction equipment that would begin to cause cracking in
concrete floor slabs on grade in residential structures?  I have seen papers
on damage to dry wall and plaster from these sources, but nothing on typical
4" concrete floor slabs that are found in production housing in southern
California.

Thanks in advance.

Ray Shreenan  SE