From: Jim Kestner <jkestner(--nospam--at)somervilleinc.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:30:20 -0500
ACI 530-95/ASCE 5-95/TMS 402-95 recommends a deflection limit of L/600
nor 0.3 inches for lintels.
You might want to consider locating control joints at each end of the
lintel to prevent cracking due to end rotation of the lintel. You might
also want one at midspan so as not to exceed an aspect ratio of 3.
Jim Kestner, P.E.
Green Bay, Wi.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org