1a. Deflection limit at least L /600 assuming your lintel is
by the masonry wall from above.
b. No, it will be considered as dead load.
2a. Yes, you either need to design the masonry wall integrating with the
below, or provide construction joints each end of opening. You
might have to
design it because if the chord steel near that 8' feet high level,
you will have to
deal with it.
b. Don't know what kind of roof at both high and low roofs. For the
discussion, assuming wood roofs meeting those 3:1 ratio, you are
rely on it to give you the required lateral restraint, or design
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org