I have a project where the building official thinks we should have special
inspection for the grout under column base plates and equipment. He is
justifying this by applying the concrete section of UBC chapter 17 (1701.5,
1. Concrete, Exception 2) that requires special inspection for concrete
over 2500 psi. I looked at several documents including SEAONC's
"Guidelines for Special Inspection and Structural Observation" and I have
not seen anything that requires special inspection of grout. Has anyone
ran across this situation before with a building official?
Thomas Hunt, S.E.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org