Steel lintel beam

Because the roof framing provides lateral bracing for the lintel, I intended
to suggest that a note be placed on the plan, such as "roof joists and deck
must be fully installed prior to applying masonry to lintel."

But then I got to thinking, the roof joists and (partial) deck are load to
the lintel prior to the diaphragm being fully installed.  Is it necessary to
dictate temporary bracing?
John P. Riley, PE, SE
Riley Engineering
20 Oakwood Drive, Blue Grass, Iowa 52726
Tel & Fax:  319-381-3949
jpriley485(--nospam--at)peoplepc.com