Fatigue at Shear Connection Weld

I'm looking at this plate to which I'm attaching some angles as stiffeners.

The plate will be cyclicly loaded so that it will undergo flexure several
times per day--I figure about 100,000 cycles per year. So therefore, I'm
doing a fatigue analysis. I'm using Appendix K3 of the NEW (1999) edition of
LRFD for the purpose.

I had thought that fatigue wouldn't matter for the weld attaching the ribs
to the plate, but now I'm not so sure, because of the following sentence:

"The stress range shall be computed as...the numerical sum of the maximum
shearing stresses of opposite direction at the point of probable crack
initiation."

So now I'm wondering if I need somehow to check fatigue at the attachment
weld, and if so, what would govern? i looks as though it might be
"Illustrative Typical Example 3.1(b)" in Table A-K3.1, but that's probably a
stretch.

Does anyone have any ideas in this regard?

NOTE: You can find the latest edition Design Specification for AISC LRFD at
AISC's website.

Thanks everyone.

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company