Re: Special Inspection for Grout

EXACTLY!  The special inspector costs come out of our pocket and he/she
would have to witness the taking of our grout cube specimens every time we
mix a batch of grout.  This is for a 1000 MW power plant where we use a lot
of grout for pipeways, equipment structures, and leveling equipment.

I understand our building officials logic about considering grout like
concrete however I have never ran across this before and none of my
associates have either.

Thomas Hunt, S.E.
Duke/Fluor Daniel

----- Forwarded by Tom Hunt/DFD on 05/22/01 07:11 AM -----

                    sscholl2@juno
                    .com                 To:     seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
                                         cc:
                    05/21/01             Subject:     Re: Special Inspection for Grout
                    08:23 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    seaint

"special inspection" means you must use a deputy inspector- one who has
taken a test for the areas of specialty; i.e. welding, epoxy, concrete,
etc. The deputy inspector is not an employee of the agency. In our area
the cost is a min. of $300 per visit.

Stan Scholl, P.E.
Laguna Beach, CA