Re: Special Inspection for Grout

In a message dated 5/22/01 8:08:07 AM, Tom.Hunt(--nospam--at)d-fd.com writes:

 > Subject: Special Inspection for Grout
 > Has anyone ran across this situation before with a building
> official?

We are involved with a couple of large water pumping projects in  Nevada
where the owner and the engineer take grouting very seriously (for the pumps
at least).  They require a high strength 3 component epoxy grout, and that a
training session with a mock up be done by the manufacturer for the
inspector, owner, engineer, contractor, etc, etc...  When it comes to large
rotating/vibrating equipment ($$), the running life can be cut short if the
foundation is not done properly.

Howard
Covert Operations, Inc.