Re: Steel lintel beam

I would hazard a bet that if no intermediate joints (besides the ones at
the end of the beam) are supplied, then mother nature/the physical world
will provide them (i.e. by some cracking).  A wall that is 8 ft tall but
50 feet low is bound to have some cracking due to the aspect ratio.  50 ft
is just a little too long without a joint, in my experience.

Scott