To: "SEAOC Newsletter" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: Plywood Roof Diaphragms
From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 01 11:53:17 -0500
> Below is a list of dilemmas I seem to be continually involved in arguing
> against or for.
I've found that horror stories usually work OK. They work better if you
have a picture, an amount collected in court, the name of someone who was
killed, injured or fired. Nuke plant engineers hate to see the NRC poking
around. Upper management worries about money, middle management worries
about schedule, so those are openings for the right people. Homeowners
are particularly vulnerable to property values or non-covered losses,
judging from my neighborhood.
Christopher Wright P.E. |"They couldn't hit an elephant from
chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
___________________________| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864)
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org