Re: AutoCad R14 Exreferencing

Maybe it is the scale of the arrow. Micro tiny arrow head.
As for  the contouring I found AUTOTOP 2.0 for free and am today, attempting to use it. Have you? Is it worth trying?

David Merrick, SE

Keith De Lapp wrote:

Thanks to those who commented on the Contour line issue.  I have a new question for the AutoGuru's among us.  This may be minor but it has grown  increasingly annoying. I have a created a dimension style that uses a flashy architectural style arrowhead I created.  I created the arrowhead as a block.  I can draw a leader line and print any detail and the arrowhead magically appears, no problem.  I can even insert the detail as a block into any drawing and still the arrowhead magically appears, no problem. But when I exref the detail into a new drawing from scratch or a new drawing started with my template the arrowheads revert back to the Autocad default (closed filled type of arrowhead).  If I take the same file I have exreffed into and insert the detail as a block the cool flashy arrowhead comes in no problem.  As near as I can tell, it only happens during exreferencing. From what I can tell, when you exref in a detail, Acad turns off the "dimsah" variable.  So I go ahead and turn it on.  Then I go and set the "dimblk" variable to my flashy arrowhead.  And when I do, it tells me the "block has not been defined, invalid".  So I insert the arrowhead block right next to the exrefed detail and setup the dim style in that drawing to use the flashy arrowhead.  I can now draw a leader and the flashy arrowhead appears.  But when I xref in another dwg right next to the previous xref, I get the same result, it reverts back to Acad's default arrowhead.  But when you draw a leader, as I said previously, you get the flashy arrowhead. The good news is that I am getting arrowheads on all my plots.  But it is just bugging the #%&$! out of me. This happens on R14 and LT2000.   HELP!