Merrick:Contours

I did what you or someone else suggested and searched google and found softree.com.  I downloaded their digital terrain program for free and was able to generate the contours I needed after fumbling around to figure out the program.  However, because it was a demo, I could not export, print or save.  I wound up waiting for a surveyor I know and have used to do this for me.  He was very gracious and did it in what he said was 15 minutes.

Since downloading softree their marketing department emailed me a key that would unlock the program for a thirty day trial.  For $279 it seems to me that it would be worth it if my need for a full featured 3D DTM software were a little bit more than it is now.