"OPTIMUM" ROOF SLOPE

Dear Sirs,
What is the "optimum" slope on a industrial building roof (truss and/or rigid frame)? I know from certain slope and down, codes demand a bigger live load. If that is the only point, then a slope slightly above this one is the "optimum". Am I right? Obviously the size of what goes inside counts but, what else?

Thank you,

Juan Jo