RE: Salt Lateral Bin Pressures

Chapter 7 of "Tubular Steel Structures" by Troitsky is about Bins and
Bunkers.  The chapter is 73 pages long.  The book is obtainable from the
Lincoln Arc Welding Foundation.  Table 7.4 provides properties for about 28
granular materials, but doesn't indicate salt.   We used this reference and
Milo Ketchum's books for designing coffee bins and cement storage hoppers
years ago.  My copy of the "Design of Walls, Bins and Grain Elevators" by
Ketchum is 1907 and is "First Edition, Second Thousand".  Unfortunately
this is a Xerox copy of the book. reproduced about 30 years ago.

Neil Moore, S.E.
neil moore and associates
shingle springs, california