> -----Original Message-----
> From: Kipp.A.Martin(--nospam--at)mw.com [mailto:Kipp.A.Martin(--nospam--at)mw.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 10:07 AM
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: Engineer's Lack of Respect
> She says "Mom, why does that thing on the truck keep turning
> around?" I tell ya', I don't get no respect.
Could it be that she knew she'd get a one-sentence answer from Mom, and a
dissertation from Dad?
At least, my own kids realize that!
FWIW, my wife has to bite her tongue not to say "cement" or "cement truck".
She knows I'll retort "the next time you bake a cake, I'm going to ask you
for a slice of flour."
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org