RE: Engineer's Lack of Respect

Could it be that she knew she'd get a one-sentence answer from Mom, and a
dissertation from Dad?

At least, my own kids realize that!

FWIW, my wife has to bite her tongue not to say "cement" or "cement truck".
She knows I'll retort "the next time you bake a cake, I'm going to ask you
for a slice of flour."

William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
Katy, Texas