RE: Salt Lateral Bin Pressures

ACI does have a standard for the design and construction of concrete
silos.  It is ACI 313-97 (Standard Practice for Design and Construction of
Concrete Silos and Stacking Tubes for Storing Granular Materials).
Chapter 4 of this documents includes provisions for determineing loads.

Also available is ACI 313R-97 (Commentary on Standard Practice for Design
and Construction of Concrete Silos and Stacking Tubes for Storing Granular
Materials).

The documents are available as a "joint" publication (i.e. you get both)
from the ACI web site (www.aci-int.org).  You can purchase it either in
hard copy format or electronic from the web site.

HTH

Scott