Please check these inconsistencies for correctness.
These are not included in the published January 2001
and March 2001 Errata for the 1997 UBC.
Section 1909.0 Notations
It is printed that Rho prime is equal to A prime sub g / bd.
I believe it Rho prime is equal to A prime sub s / bd.
There is a notation printed in (11-21) that is f sub vv.
I believe the notation should be f sub yv.
Sharon Robertson Bonds, PE
363 Fifth Avenue, Third Floor
San Diego, California 92101
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org