"Wood Engineering and Construction Handbook", 2nd edition, by Keith Faherty
and Thomas Williamson has a table with values. "Timber Construction
Manual", 4th edition, by American Institute of Timber Construction does
Roger C. Davis
SDS Architects, Inc.
From: CDaniels [mailto:ced(--nospam--at)larsondesigngroup.com]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 7:48 AM
Subject: RE: white oak peg
There is a series of research reports sponsored by the USDA on these
connections. I know you can get a copy of them from the Timber Framers
Business Council for a nominal fee, Log Home & Timber Frame Home Shows: TFBC
There are a total of three reports.
From: Peieng5590(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:Peieng5590(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 8:29 AM
Subject: white oak peg
I am looking for design values for white oak pegs used in shear for mortise
and tenon connections. I have the NDS values for shear parallel to grain,
is there other more specifc data available for this use?
Jeff Fertich, P.E.
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org