Re: Design of Steel Joists

Hi Kipp,
    I have been doing the same all along. I show all necessary design
parameters
including area for mechanical equipment etc. For one thing I don't put
the joist size
at all, but let the joist manufacturer design and show them in their
shop drawings.
I don't have any SJI manual. When I look up the information from the UBC
standard,
UBC doen't show the chord sizes either. Are the chord sizes shown on SJI
?
Chris Tse
Sunnyvale, CA