To: "SEAOC Newsletter" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: MathCad (was TEDDS)
From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 01 17:55:12 -0500
>FWIW, MathCad was originally written for either the Macintosh or Apple.
I don't think so. My original release notes (for Rev 2.0 which was the
first Mac version) talk about compatibility with MS-DOS machinery.
MathCad Rev 1 and 1.1 for MS-DOS couldn't read Mac files, and the Mac
version couldn't read files for MathCad Rev 1 or 1.1 for DOS . I gather
that the first versions were for MS-DOS and they eventually ported to
Windoze, and I recollect hearing from a client that there were some
problems with the first Windoze version. Excel came out on the Mac first
and so did Word.
Christopher Wright P.E. |"They couldn't hit an elephant from
chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
___________________________| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864)
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org