Re: Engineer's Lack of Respect

Any time my mother needs any repair on the house, she will call a
contractor( roofer, plumber, etc.) and ask me to be present.
When the worker explains what she proposes to do, she will then say she
will have to talk with an experienced engineer( one of my uncles), and
finally asks me if I agree with this.
She still does not think I am a "real engineer".

Juan C. Gray