Re: Salt Lateral Bin Pressures

Sirs,

	I used to work in a salt refinery waaay back in my EIT days before I
knew how to design anything.

	One word of warning; salt seems to absorb moisture even when there is
(virtually) no moisture.  Don't make the bottoms of any hoppers too
flat.  Use nothing flatter than 45 degrees and 60 degrees would be
better.  Even at 60 degrees you might want to think of including some
type of "door knocker" contraption to loosen salt that sticks to the
hopper sides.

	Hope you find this useful.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson