Retaining wall rotation

A homeowner made an insurance claim on his retaining walls, one each side of the front of his underground home.  Both walls have rotated since their construction in 1979, one has an outward lean of about 1/8" in 8" (just had my little torpedo level with me . . . not real accurate) and the other is about 1/4" in 8"; both are 12' high tapering to 0' in 12' (i.e.: they are 45 deg triangles).

I am about to prepare a report, saying among other things that retaining wall movement is inherent.  But I forget "how much" movement is to be expected.  Of course, I know its impossible to say for all cases, but I'm looking for an 'order of magnitude' number as a percent of height.
John P. Riley, PE, SE
Riley Engineering
20 Oakwood Drive, Blue Grass, Iowa 52726
Tel & Fax:  319-381-3949
jpriley485(--nospam--at)peoplepc.com