"X" Bracing[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: "seaint" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: "X" Bracing
- From: "Larry Hauer" <lrhauer(--nospam--at)earthlink.net>
- Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 12:21:07 -0700
I have been asked to provide engineering services for the expansion of an older prefab metal building with existing “X” braced tie rods for the lateral load carrying system. Somewhere I remember hearing the this type of lateral resisting system has fallen out of favor, and that tension only “X” bracing may no longer be allowed, although I couldn’t find any such restriction during a quick look in the 1997 UBC. Does anyone have any information on “tension only” “X” bracing in seismic zone 4?
Thanks in advance,
Larry Hauer, S.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: "The ICC and NFPA's Tug Of War"
- Next by Subject: Re: "X" Bracing
- Previous by thread: Re: Flyash
- Next by thread: Re: "X" Bracing