RE: MathCad (was TEDDS)

While it is true that Word was first created for the DOS platform, it was
first a graphical program on the Mac (i.e. menus and mouse).  In its
original form on the PC, it was a pure DOS program like WordPerfect, but
with a LOT less market share than WordPerfect.  It is fair to say (at
least in my mind) that the Mac made Word the dominate program that it is
today.  If Microsoft did not have the graphical version already for the
Mac, then they may not have had the headstart on WordPerfect when Windoze
was accepted by the PC world.  There was a Word version for Windoze 1 and
2 (these versions of Windoze were essentially glorified versions of the
DOS shell), but these did NOT get much market share.  It was not until
Windoze 3.1 that Word finally took the title of most used word processor.

Scott