Re: Siesmic

Sir,

	I don't know the answer to your question; but you may have some
critical information missing.  You should have/get a copy of User's
Guide - NBC 1995 Structural Commentaries (Part 4) if you are using 1995
National Building Code of Canada.  These commentaries are published as a
companion to (but not part of) the NBC.  The structural parts of the
Ontario code are very similar to the NBC and reference the same
commentaries (or at least this was the case with the last edition I had
occasion to check).

	Do not try to use an American code for a Canadian project!  There are
significant differences relating to safety factors and loading
combinations.  For instance, there is NO 33% increase in allowable
stresses for for some load cases involving wind os seismic loading.

				Regards,

				H. Daryl Richardson