From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 01 21:36:29 -0500
>you are right. These Architects are bunch of ass holes. They have no sense (
>common or otherwise! ) of engineering,
You oughta cut these guys some slack Next time you admire a well-designed
house, think about what it would look like as a 'optimum' structure.
Probably a pre-fab cube (easy to manufacture) or a hemisphere (stiff and
strong) no windows to weaken the transverse loading response. No paint or
other decorative frippery. Interiors all alike to make the plumbing and
wiring cheaper. All the lighting would be the same because the interiors
would be standardized. What you'd probably end up with is those grim,
endlessly repeated apartment complexes typical of East Berlin or Moscow.
But it'd be efficient.
Christopher Wright P.E. |"They couldn't hit an elephant from
chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
___________________________| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864)
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org