To: "SEAOC Newsletter" <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Subject: RE: MathCad (was TEDDS)
From: Christopher Wright <chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com>
Date: Thu, 24 May 01 21:36:31 -0500
>Windows changed all that. Overnight, practically speaking, WP's advantage
>was NULLIFIED, because under Windows, the printer, input device, and video
>display drivers were the responsibility of the OS, not the application.
And the Mac did it first. Gates had to copy the Mac OS because it was
obvious that DOS was obsolete, for all the reaons you've stated. Simple
>They sought and pretty much
>succeeded in destroying the established competition, but Macintosh had
>NOTHING to do with it.
There wouldn't have been Windows and there wouldn't have been a WYSIWYG
word processor and there wouldn't have been if Macintosh hadn't been
there for Gates to copy.
Christopher Wright P.E. |"They couldn't hit an elephant from
chrisw(--nospam--at)skypoint.com | this distance" (last words of Gen.
___________________________| John Sedgwick, Spotsylvania 1864)
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org