RE: Instructions For Copying Long Links and

Roger,
Actually the software is Unix based, not "Windoze". Most operating systems
follow the directory structure. The Discussion forum software is written in
PERL - no relation to MS products. The website is written in MS FrontPage,
but virtually all websites follow the flow-chart type of logic. Admittedly,
the Structuralist.Net lacks a decent search engine - which is my fault as I
have not learned how to activate the site search tools available through the
web-hosting service.

Roger, the Structuralist.Net has less than 18 pages total and they are
divide over three root folders. The current navigation is not difficult and
the links are in tact. If I understand your suggestion for logic filtering,
this is what I am using on the Reference and Code web page. It is a
JavaScript "jump-menu" where you start with a major category in column A
like Connectors, In column B you choose between Simpson, Harlen, etc. and in
Column C you chose the document or reference you want that relates to the
first two choices. While I find it easy to use, the growing number of
documents makes it cumbersome to scroll through.

The good news is that I am recreating the web page to simplify the retrieval
of documents and cleaning up the appearance of the site, there are things
that you can do to relieve the frustration you have. You can use bookmarks
and store favorite pages once you find them. You can use the back button
more efficiently. In other words, most browsers track every step and you
don't have to incrementally go back, but can pull down the list of steps and
jump to any point you want.

I don't currently have a site search feature and I admit this would help but
I don't know how to institute it. I am still learning how to work in java,
JavaScript and most important am testing to make sure that whatever I use I
can gain the most technology but maintain cross-platform compatibility. In
other words, that the site will work easily well in Internet Explorer or
Netscape (starting back at version 4 of each).

So while I am doing what I can to improve the retrieval of information, help
me a bit by learning to use the features of your browser to the fullest. I
do appreciate the frank comment and hope you understand that this is a
strong concern of mine.

Regard,
Dennis