Re: Group Health Insurance Plans

Dennis:

I do know that ASCE does offer some health insurance plans.  What I don't
know is how good they are.  The other thing to realize is that more than
likely any insurance plan through a professional organization (I know this
is true for the ASCE plan) are not "true" group plans.  Health insurance
through these types of organizations are still "individual" plans but have
better rates because the group can get more people into the plan.  This
mainly effects the applicability of the health care portability act (i.e.
whether or not you can be denied coverage).  The benefit of a "true" group
plan is that you CANNOT (as far as I know) be denied coverage.
Unfortunately, "true" group plans are only available through an employer,
at least to my understanding.

If you want more information on the ASCE plan, I am pretty sure that I
have it at home in some pile in my den that is in dire need of some
cleaning. :-)

HTH,

Scott