Re: Macintosh S.E. CAD software?

>Can anyone give me any guidance on desirable structural engineering CAD
>software for Macintosh, mainly for smaller projects including wood
>residences?
Depends on your budget. If Claris CAD work for you, CADintosh is a
shareware program with about the same level of functionality at the right
price. Deneba CAD is worth a try. It imports ACAD R14 drawings (at least
the ones my clients send me) and others. There's also a certina amount of
solid modelling, and the price is also pretty good. Check the Deneba Web
site. At the high end is Ashlar Vellum and Ashlar Solids, pricy, but it's
a first rate package. I only tried out the demo a few years ago and it
was like working a mind-reader. PowerDraw does 2D drafting--if you're jus
tlooking for drawing production you should check it out. Microstation had
a Mac version at one point, which I've tried, but it was a mess--too much
stuff and pretty clumsy. If you're loooking for an analysis package, try
Multiframe. <http://www.graphicmagic.com/> I haven't used it because it's
oriented toward buildings, which I don't do. Graphic Magic also has CAD
software.