RE: Group Health Insurance Plans

David,
What organization would be equivalent in California? This sounds like
something I should check out.

Scott - I will visit the ASCE site. I am a sole-proprietorship and you are
correct. My wife and I were denied coverage, although we can go with a high
risk plan for around $700.00 or so a month. I was looking for a group plan
that would offer pool rates to sole proprietorships but as you noted, wanted
a guaranteed plan. I think we will end up paying for it anyways.

FWIW, once you get over 50-years, the cost of Health coverage (at least in
the last year) has nearly doubled for my wife and I. This was the reason we
went shopping for another plan. We did not expect to be denied coverage,
however, we did expect to be denied coverage for certain existing conditions
for say one year (which was how they dealt with it in the past).

Thanks all for the information provided.

Dennis