RE: Group Health Insurance Plans

David,
I did check out the societies in California including ASCE. The plans were
by the same insurance underwriter whose name I don't recall. The plans
looked good, but none of our doctors were on the plan. A high risk Blue
Cross plan that we can get on would cost about the same here in the desert -
nearly $700.00 a month which is up from the $400.00 a month we were paying
in April - all because I became an old fart on May 10th. (my wife is three
years older and looks younger every year). I should note that the increase
in my plan attributed only about 20% to age and two increases in the last
six months to all Blue Cross PPO holders. Between the huge increases and
reevaluation by age, my plan nearly doubled.
We made a deadly mistake by letting the plan lapse as we expected to take on
the plan where my wife works - also a PPO from Blue Shield. However her
employer wants to change everyone over to an HMO and we refuse (considering
the existing conditions). Now we are in limbo for at least another month or
so until we can bet back on Blue Cross or a high risk plan from Blue Shield
(or the other options recommended from you and others which still looks like
about $700.00 per month).
Who says we don't need healthcare reform - okay before I get flamed I
suppose it is my own fault for having Crones Disease.

Regard
Dennis