EOR review of truss calcs[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: EOR review of truss calcs
- From: SCHFUN(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 22:11:05 EDT
What is the standard of practice for the design engineer's review and
stamping of pre-fab trusses? Building departments in Southern California
often require this, and some engineers are uncomfortable with the practice of
stamping the work of another engineer (the truss designs are typically
prepared using a proprietary computer progaram and reviewed and stamped by
the truss engineer).
Is the engineer-of-record expected to check the truss calculations? Or just
verify that the proper loading criteria was used in the truss design?
Steve Helfrich. P.E.
- Prev by Subject: RE: Engineering Salaries in Europe
- Next by Subject: RE: EOR review of truss calcs
- Previous by thread: TEST Please Delete
- Next by thread: RE: EOR review of truss calcs