That is correct; Four inches vertical rise against 12 inches horizontal run.
ArcTan(4/12) = 18.4 Degrees.
William L. Polhemus, Jr., P.E.
Polhemus Engineering Company
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Juan José Treff De la Mora [mailto:jjtreff(--nospam--at)hotmail.com]
> Sent: Monday, May 28, 2001 3:01 PM
> To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
> Subject: ROOF SLOPES
> Hi everyone,
> Does a roof slope of 4:12 mean a slope of 18.4 degrees in the US?
* This email was sent to you via Structural Engineers
* Association of Southern California (SEAOSC) server. To
* subscribe (no fee) or UnSubscribe, please go to:
* Questions to seaint-ad(--nospam--at)seaint.org. Remember, any email you
* send to the list is public domain and may be re-posted
* without your permission. Make sure you visit our web
* site at: http://www.seaint.org