From: HAWNENG(--nospam--at)aol.com [mailto:HAWNENG(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 8:10 PM
To: Seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Re: omega at foundations

Mark,

Our company does a lot of engineering for schools and hospitals.  We are on a
first name basis with most of the folks at DSA in Sacramento.  We factor the
loads by Omega when designing the anchorage from the column or brace to the
foundation, but not for the overall stability of the footing or to check the
soil pressure.  We only engineer the anchor bolts, base plate and welds for
the omega force level.

If  the folks at DSA  in Sacramento are reading this, I hope I am not "giving
away" any secrets, as I have a back check appointment up there next week.

Greg Showerman, S.E.
Modesto, CA