Steel Hopper Design

My problem this week is regarding the design of a steel hopper for a grain
dump pit.  I want to check the design to see if additional supports or
stiffeners are required.  I have equations (Rankine's theory) for determining
the normal force on the hopper bottom.  The pitch of the hopper bottom is
10:12 (approx. 40 degrees).  The material will probably be 7 or 8 ga. steel
sheet.  The hopper will be supported at the bottom by a conveyor and at the
top by a concrete wall.

Any thoughts on useful references or other information to help determine need
for intermediate supports or stiffening?

David L. Williams, PE
Snyder Engineering, Inc.
Columbia, MO