Re: Vacation - Company Policy

--- Roger Turk <73527.1356(--nospam--at)compuserve.com> wrote:
> Maybe I'm weird (O.K., I know I'm weird), but I always felt insulted when
> "benefits" were discussed instead of the work I would be doing or the
> knowledge that I would be gaining and using.

You're not weird.  It's the world around you.

And your mode of evaluating an employer is very good, considering a lot of us
really want to go out on our own eventually, or at least replace the boss (when
he retires ;-) ).

But in truth, I took this latest job based on the office with window and
closing door.  The benefits were good, too.

My advice to anyone would be this: Work for people who value your work, but
define "value" on your own terms, not theirs.

Keith Fix
Little Rock